Friday 21 August 2009

David Allan Coe



It's been a while, brothers. I come back to you from the Wilderness of North America with a humble offering from the Southland.

David Allan Coe. What can I say? The country man that was so metal. Known for his x-rated albums and his sometimes rank subject matter, David Allan Coe is an essential addition to the collection of any fan of outlaw country, southern rock, even some of the bluesier varieties of sludge metal. DAC is one bad mother fucker, as you can tell from such songs are Long Haired Redneck, Son of the South, and Willie, Waylon, and Me.

Musically, David has a very strong voice that he can tune to a lot of different sounds. From the mournful You Never Even Called Me By My Name to the gospel Would You Lay With Me (In a Field of Stone) and then to the biting honky tonk sound of Long Haired Redneck.

Greatest Hits.


Well, I was drunk the day my Mom got outta prison.
And I went to pick her up in the rain.
But, before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got runned over by a damned old train.

No comments:

Post a Comment